The UConn Department of Animal Science is pleased to announce the 2016 UConn Foal Naming Contest!
Contest Information and Rules
- One name per person per foal can be submitted via email to Michelle.B.Lewis@UConn.eduor via the photos on our Facebook event here.
- Name submissions must be received by 5 PM on Friday, September 16th
- Winning names will be chosen by committee and the winners will be notified via email by Friday, September 23rd.
- The chosen names will be announced during the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources Cornucopia event on Sunday, October 2ndat 1:30 PM in the Horsebarn Hill Arena.
- If your name was selected and you are present atCornucopia, you can have your photo taken with the foal who’s name you submitted and the photo file will be emailed to you
- If the same name was submitted by multiple people and it is picked for a foal, the first person to submit the name will be chosen as the winner
- You do not need to be present at the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Recourses Cornucopia event for your name to be chosen!
- For more information on Cornucopia, please visit http://www.cornucopia.uconn.edu/
- Directly following the Foal Naming Contest at Cornucopia, the UConn Equestrian Teams will give a demonstration at 2 PM
- Foals are on display in the paddocks outside Horse Unit 2 and in the main horse barn during the summer and fall
- Morgan foal names begin with the prefix UC and must be 25 characters or less including the UC, any spaces or punctuation
- Warmblood foal names must start with the letter B and be no more than 18 characters including any spaces or punctuation
For more information on the UConn Morgan breeding program and how you can support it, please visit http://animalscience.uconn.edu/UConnMorganBreedingProgram.php.