Public Service Specialist
UConn Extension, Hartford County
The UConn Department of Extension welcomes applications for an experienced part-time professional to coordinate and assist with implementing professional development and creating educational resources on genetic engineering. This is a temporary position that reports to the Associate Extension Educator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement professional development experiences for educators
- Coordinate recruitment of participants and process applications
- Organize and attend meetings with other members of team
- Assist with the development of curriculum on genetic engineering for formal and informal settings
- Maintain website
- Compiles and prepares reports, as requested
- Performs related duties, as assigned
- Associate’s degree or relevant experience
- Availability to accommodate flexible work schedule
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary for effective work relationships
- Demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively to groups with different and diverse backgrounds and experience (e.g., educators, colleagues, and volunteers)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities and follow multi-step directions
- Experience coordinating educational programs
- Demonstrated ability to resolve administrative problems efficiently, effectively, and independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with data management software (i.e., ability to upload documents to database)
- Demonstrated ability to use social media
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Experience with curriculum development
- STEM/Science background
- Prior experience with teacher professional development in a formal or informal setting
- Experience with Kuali financial system, and website management in Aurora
- Familiarity with UConn Extension
This is a temporary appointment expected to work approximately 3 hours per week for an initial six-month period with the possibility of continuation based on research progress and funding availability. This position is located primarily in the Hartford County Extension Office in Farmington; other tasks may be performed on the Storrs campus or remotely.
For full consideration, please submit at a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to Jen Cushman (Jennifer.email@example.com).
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.