Temporary University SpecialistDepartment of Extension Tolland County Office
UConn Extension at the College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources is looking to hire a Temporary University Specialist. The position would report to Dr. Indu Upadhyaya whom manages the coordination of a USDA-SAS grant. The candidate will assist with carrying out Poultry Extension Programs with respect to the grant in the state.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare outreach material including educational exhibits, fact sheets, web sites, videos, podcasts, phone apps.
- Collect data from on-farm demonstrations and workshops and analyze using statistical software such as SAS.
- Collaborates with community agencies to establish partnerships.
- Administers evaluation tools and conducts needs assessments.
- Writes reports as directed.
- Serves as contact with the community and provides for informational needs such as publications, project program materials and educational opportunities.
- May serve as project liaison for the Poultry Extension Program at UConn.
- Assist with managing the UConn-SAS project website.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service training.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science or related fields.
- Strong background in poultry sciences, with knowledge of statistics, programming, and basic graphic design.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
The initial term is a six-month appointment with the opportunity to continue for the duration of the grant. The position is based at the UConn Extension office at Tolland County Agricultural Center in Vernon, CT. Due to the special nature of this appointment, there is no guarantee of continuing your service beyond the specified end date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For full consideration, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.