Introducing the 2023 Northeast Grazing Conference – Virtual, January 20th and 21st, 2023
Registration page and more info: https://NEGrazingConference2023.eventbrite.com
New this year, northeast grazing-focused organizations are collaborating – The New England Grazing Network, Maine Grass Farmers Network, Granite State Grazers, The Livestock Institute, Vermont Grass Farmers Association, and the hosts of Grassworks NY – to hold a region wide grazing conference.
The conference is the largest of its kind in New England, gathering over 300 participants from the northeast for two days of networking and educational workshops. This conference brings together new and experienced farmers alike as well as service providers, and non-farmers seeking to learn more ways to align with and support well managed pasture-based livestock production across our region.
Our 2023 Keynote speaker will be Dr. Allen Williams, who will lead a discussion on adaptive grazing. Additional programming will prioritize peer-to-peer farmer networking and practical implementation of managed grazing practices.
Agenda Highlights: (subject to change/substitutions/additions)
Each day will have two parallel tracks to choose from for panel discussions.
- Keynote – Dr. Allen Williams
- Meat End Product Quality moderated by Dr. Joe Emenheiser
- Holistic Management & Farm Life Balance moderated by Jenn Colby
- A Look at the Dairy Grazing Apprenticeship Program in New England moderated by Dr. Glenda Pereira and Mary Ellen Franklin
- Grazing Across the Northeast: A Regional Approach (Introducing NEGN Partners) moderated by Alex Gulachenski
- Coffee Chat with Troy Bishopp and Brian Maloney
- Principles of Grazing – 101 – Taught by Daimon Meeh
- 50 Shades of Graze – Shade Management moderated by Steve Gabriel
- Forage Biodiversity moderated by Dr. Heather Darby
- Calving and Lambing on Pasture moderated by Jennie Kapszukiewicz