Get paid and gain valuable in-the-field experience in your chosen discipline at an in-state Extension office location.
- Youth Education
- Community Development
Get paid while learning and working in a career-oriented role. Most of these roles are for an average 18-20 hours per week over the 10 week summer period with some requiring a bit of weekend and/or evening hours, although these circumstances vary by position. Some of these positions for employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
UConn Extension is the premiere public engagement program at the University of Connecticut. Extension has eight offices in strategic locations statewide as well as the Sea Grant office at the Avery Point campus and the administrative office on the Storrs campus. Extension programs cover the full spectrum of topics related to food, health and sustainability. Programs delivered by Extension reach individuals, communities, and businesses in each of the 169 municipalities across the state. Extension has approximately 100 faculty and staff in the Department of Extension with another 20 faculty and staff with partial Extension appointments in the academic departments of the UConn College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources.
Summer 2021 Internship Opportunities included:
- Center for Land use Education Research (CLEAR) – Middlesex Extension - Dickson
- Community Nutrition Programming – Fairfield Extension – Peracchio & Basak-Smith
- Connecticut Trail Census/Trail Finder – New Haven Extension – Brown
- Extension Marketing – Storrs Extension – Stearns
- Financial Literacy for Youth and Young Adults (FLY) – New Haven Extension – Griffiths-Smith
- Local Food Marketing and Outreach – Tolland Extension – Martin
- One Health - Storrs/Windham Extension - Govoni and Cournoyer
- Sustainable Turf & Landscape – New London Extension – Wallace
- UConn School & Family Supplemental Nutrition Assistance – Storrs – Duffy
- 4-H Food Revolution – Tolland Extension – Fusco-Rollins
- Hartford 4-H & STEM – Hartford Extension – Cushman
- Litchfield 4-H & STEM – Litchfield Extension – Davenport
- Middlesex 4-H & STEM – Middlesex Extension – Alger
- New Haven 4-H & STEM – New Haven Extension – Grillo
- New London 4-H & STEM – New London Extension – Gray
- Windham 4-H & STEM – Windham Extension – Cournoyer
Available to current UConn freshmen, sophomores, and juniors. Any students in this category are eligible to apply for and be selected for these internships.
(Complete applications will include a completed application form, résumé and current transcript submitted through the Application Form on HandShake)
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Current UConn freshmen, sophomores, & juniors are eligible to apply for and be selected for this program.
Please contact Marilyn.Gould@uconn.edu with any questions.