Don’t welcome bed bugs into your home! Their bites can result in a number of health impacts including skin rashes, psychological effects, and allergic symptoms. Don’t panic, here are some helpful tips if you find these little vampires in your bedroom:
- Start with corners and edges of an open wall, dig things out of cracks and crevices with a plastic card.
- Inspect and clean along all cracks and crevices.
- You can use a damp cloth or mop to clean if you have bare tile or wood floors, otherwise, vacuum thoroughly.
- Don’t forget to clean pictures and other wall hangings.
- Inspect other items and put them into the clean zone.
- Sort clothes, bedding, and other items that can be laundered as this can be very effective to treat infested items.
Don’t forget to comment below and tell us your worst experience with bedbugs. Our friends at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station can provide more information, or you can also visit the CDC at: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/bedbugs/index.html