The UConn Extension Center located in Brooklyn CT is seeking applications for one Educational Program Assistant 1, part-time position (50%). The position is responsible for supporting and helping implement high-quality, comprehensive, Extension programming at different program sites throughout the region, with specific support to Livestock, EFNEP, Master Gardener, and 4-H programs. The Educational Program Assistant will report to the Center Coordinator to prioritize programmatic work assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists and provides support to Extension Educators working with programs that may include but not be limited to Livestock, EFNEP, Master Gardener, and 4-H programs.
- Assists in developing educational programs, recruiting, explaining, and providing program information and processes to Extension volunteers and participants.
- Works with and helps develop and refine program databases using programs such as Excel and Access, to extrapolate relevant data sets, maintain program enrollments, membership and volunteer records, and provide program reports to the Extension Educators as required.
- Maintains accurate records on each program and assembles databases and prepares statistical and/or historical reports for Extension Educators/Program Coordinators based on program outcomes.
- Performs office support functions in support of educational programs; processes paperwork, records and files which may be computerized.
- Supports Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in implementing and providing off-site educational activities in the community to improve practical understanding and accomplish program goals.
- Provides assistance in assembling, arranging, organizing, and dismantling program event and activity set-ups and arrangements at various locations and venues, i.e. classrooms, fairgrounds, community centers, etc.
- Supports media relations activities for various programs; works with others to write and edit program and promotional materials for hard and soft copy publications and social media platforms.
- Assists Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in assessing clients’ capacity to participate in programs and helping to incorporate related knowledge into program activities for greatest learning opportunities.
- Assists Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in developing and implementing programs to enhance learning and provide appropriate content-based experiences to accomplish program goals.
- Under supervision, provides educational training and conducts related support services on an ongoing basis, and assists in resolving problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Assists with increasing community collaborations with partner groups.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and up to one year of related experience or an Associates degree and two to three years of related experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access and other database activities.
- Demonstrated sensitivity towards diverse youth, families, and volunteer clientele to be served.
- Demonstrated experience providing organizational support in a team environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Cooperative Extension System.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, load, unload and transport equipment, supplies, and/or program materials for educational events and workshops such as laptops, projectors, tables, chairs, displays, paper media, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible and irregular hours, including occasional nights and weekends to help conduct programs at off-site locations.
- Must have reliable transportation to meet in-state travel requirements (mileage allowance provided).
- Demonstrated success in public relations utilizing electronic, social, and print media and platforms such as Cushy/Aurora.
- Experience working with large databases, and generating reports including 4-H online registration.
- Experience participating with collaborative community partnerships.
- Experience working with UConn administrative processes.
- Experience with STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) technology.
- Bilingual Spanish and English.
Incumbents must possess the ability to perform the required duties set forth above.
The position is part-time and located at the Windham County Extension Center in Brooklyn, CT, however, regular travel within the region will be required. Occasional in-state travel to other UConn campuses, including Storrs, may be required in support of program needs. This position includes an outstanding full benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidate’s backgrounds and experiences.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment at the University of Connecticut is contingent upon the successful candidate’s compliance with the University’s Mandatory Workforce COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. This Policy states that all workforce members are required to have or obtain a Covid-19 vaccination as a term and condition of employment at UConn, unless an exemption or deferral has been approved.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495903 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on January 5, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.