Educational Program Assistant 1, Tolland County Extension
Search #: 495338
Work type: Full-time
Location: Tolland County Extension Ctr
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The UConn Extension Center located in Vernon, CT is seeking applications for two (2) Educational Program Assistant 1 positions – one full-time position and one part-time position (75%). These positions are responsible for supporting and helping implement high-quality, comprehensive, Extension programming at different program sites throughout the region, with specific support to Farm Business Planning, Beginning Farmer, Food Systems, Food Safety, Vegetable, Master Gardener, and 4-H programs. The Educational Program Assistants will report to the Center Coordinator to prioritize programmatic work assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists and provides programmatic support to Extension Educators
- Assists in developing educational programs
- Coordinates recruitment and orientation for Extension volunteers and participants
- Assists with development and maintenance of program databases using programs such as Excel and Access
- Maintains accurate records on each program, assembles databases, and prepares statistical and/or historical reports
- Performs administrative functions in support of educational programs
- Supports Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in implementing and providing off-site educational activities in the community
- Provides assistance in assembling, arranging, organizing, and dismantling program event and activity set-ups and arrangements at various locations and venues, i.e. classrooms, fairgrounds, community centers, etc.
- Supports media relations activities for various programs; assists with promotional material for Extension programs
- Assists Extension Educators/Program Coordinators in developing and implementing programs to enhance learning and provide appropriate content based experiences to accomplish program goals
- Under supervision, provides educational training and conducts related support services on an ongoing basis, and assists in resolving problems in assigned area of responsibility
- Assists with increasing community collaborations with partner groups
- Performs other related duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and up to one year of related experience or an Associates degree and two to three years of related experience; or five or more years of profession-based experience in agriculture, food systems, education, 4-H, or related fields.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with communication technologies and the media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Access
- Demonstrated sensitivity towards diverse youth, families, and volunteer clientele to be served.
- Demonstrated experience providing organizational support in a team environment.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Cooperative Extension System.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry, load, unload, and transport equipment, supplies, and/or program materials for educational events and workshops such as laptops, projectors, tables, chairs, displays, paper media, etc.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible and irregular hours, including occasional nights and weekends to help conduct programs at off-site locations.
- Must have reliable transportation to meet in-state travel requirements (mileage allowance provided).
- Demonstrated success in public relations utilizing electronic, social, and print media and platforms such as Cushy and Aurora.
- Experience working with large databases, and generating reports including 4-H Online.
- Experience participating with collaborative community partnerships.
- Experience working with UConn administrative processes.
- Experience with STEM (Science, Technology. Engineering, and Mathematics) technology.
- Bilingual Spanish and English
Incumbents must possess the ability to perform the required duties set forth above.
Both positions are located at the Tolland County Extension Center in Vernon, CT, however, regular travel within the region will be required. Occasional in-state travel to other UConn campuses, including Storrs, may be required in support of program needs. These positions include an outstanding full benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and work experience.
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #495338 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references. ** Please indicate in your cover letter if you wish to be considered for the full-time or part-time (75%) position, or both.**
Employment of the successful candidates is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on June 22, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jun 08 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time