Now Available – Register Today!UConn Extension School and Municipal Turf/Grounds Workshop 2023September 13, 2023 8 am-2:30 pm Old Orchard Hill School 350 Foster Street, South Windsor, CT Information and Registration at s.uconn.edu/schoolipmworkshop
Join us for an exciting day of presentations featuring current science-based research and information on supporting landscape management in Connecticut schools.
This program is designed for municipal grounds managers, facilities managers, sports turf managers and landscape professionals who contract with school districts. Learn skills and strategies to support turf and landscape health throughout the year!
- Alternative Management Strategies for Safe Playing Fields Wetting Agents, Ben Polimer, Field & Grounds Coordinator at Town of Weston, MA
- Fertilizer, Cultivation, and Overseeding Considerations for Fall and Early Spring, Jason Henderson, Associate Professor of Soil Science, University of Connecticut
- Invasive Plant ID & Management Tactics, Dave Laiuppa, Environmental Planner, Manchester, CT and Todd Mervosh, TM Agricultural and Ecological Services, LLC
- Time with Diane – Current Topics of Interest, Diane Jorsey, Supervising Environmental Analyst, CT DEEP, Pesticide Management Division
- Panel: Review of the Day and Ask the Experts, Jason Henderson, Diane Jorsey, Ben Polimer, Dave Laiuppa, Todd Mervosh, Vickie Wallace; John Caldwell and Dave Turkington (South Windsor Parks)
- and more details to come!
Registration: $50.00 by noon on Friday, September 8
Last minute registration (after Sept. 8) and day of/walk in registration: $65
Registration fee includes:
– Information packet, including printed copies of UConn Best Management Practice Guides– Light Breakfast, Refreshments and Lunch – Parking – Pesticide recertification credits (pending state approval) – Opportunity to network with UConn turf faculty and fellow grounds managers
Pesticide recertification credits – pending
Please note that registration is nonrefundable.
If you require an accommodation to participate fully in this event (e.g., a sign language interpreter, handicap accessible seating, etc.), please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received at least 5 business days in advance.