We understand that there will be a lot of cleanup required when Tropical Storm Henri recedes. Our friends at LSU AgCenter have curated the following resources in response to hurricanes and severe weather in their area. These can help you as you use a generator, recover, and clean up from the storm.
- Storm Recovery Guide
- Storm Damage Cleanup Highlights
- Using Generators for Electrical Power
- Disaster Information Resources – Recovery
- Disaster Information Resource Series
Our UConn Extension EDEN disaster publications list is available at: https://eden.uconn.edu/disaster-publications/ and includes many resources to help you recover.
We also have several publications there that would be helpful before, during, and following a disaster.
- Food Safety During a Power Outage
- Should it stay or should it go? (food safety after a power outage – what to throw away)
- When the Power Goes Back On
Many of us were fortunate that Tropical Storm Henri did not live up to its potential, but it is likely that we will face more severe storms in the future. Now is a great time to work on being better prepared. We have several publications that can help you and your family take steps now:
- Are you prepared for severe storms?
- Prepare in advance for storms
- Pre-Storm to-do list – your emergency food supply
- Your Home Inventory
- Important family and household records
Stay safe as we clean up, recover, and prepare for future storms.