Growing your own vegetables is fun, cost-effective, and helps provide your family with a safe and nutritious food supply. UConn Extension has many programs to assist with your vegetable garden, whether you are starting a garden for the first time, or returning for another season. Specialists from our Master Gardener program, Vegetable Crops program, Soil Nutrient Analysis Laboratory, and Home and Garden Education Center have contributed to this page.
We are also ready to answer your other questions via email consultation.
UConn CAHNR Extension has more than 100 years’ experience strengthening communities in Connecticut and beyond. Extension programs address the full range of issues set forth in CAHNR’s strategic initiatives:
- Ensuring a vibrant and sustainable agricultural industry and food supply
- Enhancing health and well-being locally, nationally, and globally
- Promoting Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion through anti-racist approaches
- Advancing adaptation and resilience in a changing climate.
- Fostering sustainable landscapes across urban-rural interfaces